- Blog comments are dying
- Tweets and Twitter accounts are more frequently cited in blogs posts now
- Yet no notifications are provided to the person or tweet being cited (when not on Twitter)
- Why can’t tweets cited off Twitter act like pingbacks do for links and blogs?
If you are serious about measuring social media (and if you are an agency, you need to back up your BS with some foundation), then you could do much worse than watch this broadcast from masters of analytics Post Rank.
I’ve been using Post Rank for my blogs for several years now, as a means to not only set targets whilst others guess, but also to measure the effectiveness of our content, and set future targets…although it’s amazing to see how so much of these blogs is taken over by Twitter these days.
Anyway, enjoy the video.Read More
Cool stuff I was readingSeptember 17th toOctober 7th:
- . . : : Big Stage : : . . – . . : : Big Stage : : . .3d avatars
- Gartner Says More Than 60 Percent of Fortune 1000 Companies With a Web Site Will Connect to or Host a Form of Online Community by 2010 – Percent of Fortune 1000 Companies With a Web Site Will Connect to or Host a Form of Online Community by 2010
- BarCamp wiki / SocialMediaCampLondon –
- How To Build Traffic To Your Blog | WebProNews –
- Ten Commitments All Social Media â€˜Expertsâ€™ Must Provide Their Clients : phil baumann /*rn*/ – 10 good rules to live your social media salesperson life by!
- You just cannot shoe-horn metrics into Social Media – Can you really quantify social media campaign effectiveness with one metric?
Cool stuff I was readingMay 25th toJune 1st:
- BBC NEWS | Technology | Facebook ‘violates privacy laws’ – News that Facebook is breaking MORE laws.
- Advertisement feature | guardian.co.uk – Interesting immersive “urban” competition by Nissan
- BBC NEWS | Business | Will fake business blogs crash and burn? – Authenticity will ALWAYS win through
- PR Secrets for Startups – Great PR tips from Brian Solis
- Beyond Blogs – Are blogs the ONLY way?
Cool stuff I was readingMay 19th toMay 23rd:
- The Work of Jonathan Harris – Quite the most stunning work I have ever seen on the web.
- YouTube is the UK’s biggest social media site, says Nielsen | PDA: The Digital Content Blog | guardian.co.uk – Some very interesting stats. Facebook up, myspace down.
- Top 15 Corporate Blogs (Ranked – May 2008) Â« Marketing Nirvana – The Top 15 corporate blogs – on what basis? I don’t know, but a welcome list all the same.
- The French Open – Twitter Tennis conversation aggregator
- The 5 Types of Corporate Blogs (with examples) Â« Marketing Nirvana – Interesting from mario. always a good read and thought provoking. A subject close to my heart too.
These are my links for February 4th through February 13th:
- Sandrine Plasseraud: UK Online Readership overtakes Newspaper Readership – Online being read more than newspapers
- Commuter Feed: Latest Incidents – An awesome use of Twitter
- Word of Mouth Marketing Association — WOMMA – Word of Mouth Case Studies – WOM cae studies
- Word of Mouth Marketing Association â€” WOMMA – Word of Mouth 101
- Campaign tools | A-twitter | Economist.com – It’s in the economist – it MUST have arrived!
- OpenSkies Â» Behind the blog – openness in blogging – awesome
- The biggest RSS reader? – Interesting use of RSS for something other than a laptop
These are my links for January 9th through January 10th:
- BBC NEWS | Technology | Blenders and Brand pick up awards – results from the .net awards
- Micro Persuasion: The Attention Crash – You know you’ve got it – too much to read, too little time in which to read it…
- BBC NEWS | Business | Microsoft to buy Fast search firm – I’d rather wait for the ciorrect result than get a bad one Fast…
- BBC NEWS | Business | Persimmon upbeat but sales slide – Devastated to see that my old employer’s main client has suffered an 18% downturn in sales
- BBC NEWS | Business | Sarkozy proposes new internet tax – New President suggests taxing VOIP
These are my links for January 8th:
- minha selecao – My selection: Pimp my Keyboard – Tracking the conversion of a standard IBM keyboard to an olde-worlde typewriter
- Twittertale – You kiss your momma with that mouth? – Watch the potty-mouthed kids on Twitter
- Politweets – When Twitter gets political – Using the Twitter API to track political commentary on Twitter
- Pluck: Leaders in Social Media – Aggregation of social media content
- Groups for Twitter; or A Proposal for Twitter Tag Channels | FactoryCity – Chris Messina – along the same lines. Grouping Twitter feeds
- How I created a TwitterGroup for Gnomedex Â« kossoâ€™s braingarden – creating twitter groups using the API – way cool.
- Innovative Minds Donâ€™t Think Alike – New York Times – Interesting piece about how to stop being fogged by convention to continue being creative
- 50 Ways To Improve Your Life in 2008 – US News and World Report (usnews.com) – 50 ways to improve your life this year.
- Communication Overtones: Advertising in Disguise: Cough up a Few Million and Call It Social Media – Advertiising as Social Media – what a load of pants!
- Yahoo mounts fightback against Google | Technology | Guardian Unlimited – Yahoo to take lead on mobile for 2008
- Search Wikia – search – a Wikia wiki – wiki-powered search from the creator of wikipiedia