Shared Items – all you need to know today: October 5, 2011
The latest news from the around the web:
- Facebook's Insight Data Mean Pages Will Optimize for Engagement
- Facebook "Frictionless Sharing" Creating Friction With Privacy Advocates, Regulators
- Artificial Intelligence Is Coming to the iPhone, And It's Going to Change Everything
- Advertising on Facebook – after f8 the unsolved problems linger | Market Sentinel
- Apple's NDA Disclosed: Why You Won't See The iPhone 5 Until Tim Cook's Ready | Fast Company
- Facebook Sponsored Stories Performing 2 Times Better Than Standard Ads | Fast Company
– Do you know what – this is just dead simple and easy for ANYONE to get!
– WorldSkills is the largest international vocational skills competition. It takes place every two years in locations around the world. Approximately 1,000 young people from over 50 countries/regions, compete to become the best of the best in their chosen skill.
The UK’s participation in WorldSkills allows us to benchmark skill levels in this country against those from around the world. This information equips UK plc with the knowledge needed to compete in markets that will drive future global growth.
Squad UK are currently in training and will compete for a place in Team UK, representing their country at WorldSkills London 2011. Team UK Selection competitions are taking place in June, will Team UK being announced at the Apprenticeship Awards on 29 June.
Squad and Team UK are sponsored by Edge, the independent education foundation and Brathay Trust, a charity that works with young people throughout the UK.
– This is a really interesting dilemma – can Facebook garner enough trust in its platform by both advertisers and the public to give it the data to make its advertising worth paying a premium for!
– Quite the most amazing degree of security I have ever read.
Don't forget to share and G+