Shared Items – all you need to know today: August 11, 2011
The latest news from the around the web:
- 5 Ways Community Managers Can Keep Content Fresh on Facebook | Post Advertising
- What Google Plus Business Pages Can Offer B2B Marketing | It's All About Revenue
- How Your Social Data Will Power Walmart’s E-Commerce Revolution | TechCrunch
- Walmart Ventures Into The Social Media Space With Acquisition Of Kosmix | TechCrunch
- Facebook Ad Management Tools Reviewed « Ignite Social Media
- Facebook Advertising Management Software: Manage Personalized Advertising On Facebook | IgnitionOne
- Looking Beyond the Like: How to Measure Your Performance on Facebook | Edelman Digital
– Great pointers if you manage a Facebook Page.
– Just because I LOVE the idea of a retailer investing so much in new technology that they have a lab.
– Can’t say I agree with this. Sure, a catch-all dashboard makes sense given that Google can see traffic to and from both Facebook and Twitter, but when was the last time a good bit of business EVER found you through Google?
– And here is the “answer”: social search and recommendation and personalised alerts”.
So, in public it is more about ensuring branded opinion-influencing social content is more visible (relevant)whilst on their own sites, it’s about more personalised recommendations based on your external social signals (i.e. plus ones, likes, tweets etc.).
THIS is proper social crm.
– This is not particularly “new” news, but i think we’ll see more of these acquisitions as big brands obtain the data that allows them to see more ROI from their social media activities through acquisition.
– Useful list of Facebook Ad management tools.
– Good piece about understanding how to derive real value from Facebook activity. If this IS of interest, you NEED to take a look at http://friends.skyttle.com.
Don't forget to share and G+