Shared Items – all you need to know today: August 10, 2011
The latest news from the around the web:
- Summify – a new popularity-driven news summary service
- Is G+ Putting Facebook On The Defensive? | TechCrunch
- Google Algorithm Change History | SEOmoz
– G+’s main advantage is that it doesn’t need to earn revenue. Facebook DOES, especially with the IPO happening pretty soon. Google can earn incrememntal revenue off the back of better targeted ads, which themselves may be governed by the social signals attributed to search results.
Better quality ads will generate more clicks and have no impact on G+ activity.
– As the worlds of search and social media move ever closer, tracking the algorithm change is really valuable.
Don't forget to share and G+