Shared Items – all you need to know today: July 12, 2011
The latest news from the around the web:
- "I'm a technical lead on the Google+ team. Ask me anything."
- Edinburgh Tram project spends £900,000 on PR services – News – THE DRUM – Advertising, Design, Media, Marketing, Digital, PR – News, Information & Jobs
- Pew: 25 Percent Prefer Smartphones To PC For Internet Access (Greg Sterling/Search Engine Land)
- Gmail+: Google Already At Work On “Several” Gmail/Google+ Integrations (MG Siegler/TechCrunch)
- Warning! Social Networks Are Made Out of People!
- Is the new Shuu.sh app the algorithm Twitter always needed?
- Google+ runs out of disk space, floods inboxes with notification spam
- Ford gains corporate page on Google+ | Web Apps | ZDNet UK
- Will News Corp. leave the news business?
- 3 Ways to Integrate Evernote With WordPress | WordPress News at WPMU.org
– Some interesting insights here from one of the tech-guys over at Google.
– That’s why g+ works so well. It forces human interaction rather than posting automatically from other networks.
– One of people’s biggest issues with G+ has been the “Scoble effect”. Too much content from any given individual/s making life hellishly spammy. This has been the SINGLE biggest issue with Twitter and it looks like it has been sorted!
– Ouch – the never had this problem with Wave…
– Really not so sure if this is the great idea that people say it is. In order for brands to become part of the social space, brands have forever been giving in news about them.
At G+’s heart is a manual publication of information which is more personal sharing than we’ve experienced for some time.
– What’s more valuable to the Murdoch clan: power or money?
– As useful as you can get!
Don't forget to share and G+