Facebook fun…numbers to make you think!
MarketingVox reports some interesting details about facebook’s recent growth.
Maybe the money isn’t in the kids after all…
- More than half of Facebook users are not currently enrolled in a university or college.
- The fastest-growing demographic is the 25+ age group.
- Facebook is the sixth-most trafficked site in the United States.
- Users spend an average of 20 minutes on the site daily.
- The site is the No. 1 photo-sharing application on the web.
- Photo application draws more than twice as much traffic as the next three sites combined.
- Canada, with more than 3 million active users, has the most users outside of the US.
- The UK has the third-largest user-base, with more than 2 million active users.
- Over 1,800 applications have been built on the Facebook Platform.
- More than 75 percent of Facebook users have used at least one Facebook application.
A natural shift in demographics from a wider user base or a sign of things to come for social networks?
One question – I wonder if the Twitter demographics work the other way around? Older founder members, getting younger…but aren’t the kids using IM?